Whether you use Wi-Fi Network from your house or from the office, it is very essential to secure the network connection. In recent times, wireless network connections have become accessible, affordable and easy to use. This has led to an increase in the number of wireless users as well as augmented the security concern too. The security problems with the wireless networking are serious and thus it is important to protect the network connections seamlessly against any likely threats.
Tips To Secure Wi-Fi Network
- Enable Wi-Fi protected access to provide your communication a much stronger encryption to secure the network.
- Create a strong password for your network to create double protection in addition to Wi-Fi protected access.
- Use a certificate based authentication mechanism to secure your network in case the network is shared by colleagues, family or friends.
- Change the default name of your network as it can be easily attacked by the hackers. Try using a unique name for it.
- Enable SSID hiding to hide your network name so that it is not visible to other users and computers in the area.
- Manage the names on your network that have been previously connected to. Remove the profiles after using them as they can give away your sensitive information.
- Protect the network by making it invisible if it is connected to an open network connection.
- Make sure that all your access points use the correct security configuration.
AvaLAN Wireless is a prominent Developer of Industrial Wireless Radios and Cryptographic Technology. Apart from having its headquarters in Huntsville, Alabama; it also has offices in California and Canada. AvaLAN offers a range of encrypted wireless Ethernet and Data Communication Products including Outdoor Wireless Ethernet, Wireless Ethernet Bridge, Wireless Ethernet Extender, 900 Mhz Ethernet Bridge, etc. Its products are designed for secure wireless connections in remote locations at affordable prices. For more details, you can also log on to http://avalanwireless.com/.