RF Module is a small electronic device designed for transmission and reception of radio signals between two devices. As the name suggests, these modules operate at radio frequency and transmit signals in the form of electromagnetic energy waves. Transmission through RF Wireless Modules is better than any other mode because of their ability to cover long distances, making it suitable for many industrial applications. RF signals can travel even when there is obstruction between the transmitter and receiver. But what makes it such an able transmission mode?
RF Modules use electromagnetic energy waves for communication between the transmitter and the receiver. Frequencies are created at a source points which travels through the air at the speed of light. The wavelength of the signal plays an important role in this transmission, as longer wavelengths have the ability to travel greater distance and can penetrate or find a way around any object or obstacle.
Factors Influencing RF Module Communication
For computing an accurate range for transmission RF, it is important to keep an eye on the following parameters:
- Transmission Power: This refers to the amount of frequency power that comes out of the antenna of RF Modules. They are usually measured in watts.
- Line of Sight: Line of Sight means that the receiving antenna must be able to see the transmission antenna in a straight line for better communication. RF Wireless Modules have a Fresnel zone, in which the area around the visual LOS is also taken in consideration as radio frequencies can spread out easily.
- Receiver Sensitivity: This is the minimum level a signal can demodulate. Transmitters usually send an amplified signal, which needs to be softened down before conveying it to the receiver.
Transmit power and Receiver sensitivity link together to form a link budget. This is the total amount of attenuation that can occur in RF Modules for smooth communication.
RF Wireless Modules have many home and industrial applications including, alarm systems, industrial remote controlling, process monitoring etc. All these factors must be kept in check, if you are buying a new module or maintaining an old one.
Electric Power is converted into radio waves with the help of an Antenna during radio and television broadcasting. This electrical device is usually installed in a radio transmitter or a receiver. They are also used in communications receivers, radar, satellite communication, cell phones, etc. Omni-directional Antenna is a category of Antennas used in radio communication.
Different types of Omni-directional Antennas
- Whip Antenna: It is usually a single and straight piece of wire or rod whose bottom end is connected to a radio transmitter. It is very flexible just like a whip hence the name. It is a monopole Antenna that is widely used in radios, cell phones, cordless phones, FM Radios, boom boxes, etc. It is commonly installed on the roofs of vehicles for car radios, two way radios for police cars, and is also used in base station antennas for police.
- Rubber Ducky Antenna: It is a monopole Antenna that is very short and is usually loaded on the base of the transmitter or the receiver. It consists of a wire which is springy in nature and is sealed in rubber or plastic for protection. They are mostly used with portable radio equipment such as walkie-talkie, transceivers, scanners, etc.
- Monopole Antenna: It is a type of radio Antenna that consists of a straight rod. It is perpendicularly mounted on a conductive surface which is known as ground plane. The output signal from the transmitter is received by the receiver between the lower end of the monopole and the ground plane.
Antennas play a great role in the development of the communication and broadcast sector. One of the latest addition in the category of Omni-directional Antennas is the Omnidirectional 3 dBi Armored Antenna. It is Vandal resistant and has a frequency of 902-928 MHz.
For more details, please login: http://avalanwireless.com/
An RF Wireless Module is a small electronic device used to transmit or receive radio signals between two devices. Such modules are complex to build and requires careful monitoring in the manufacturing process. RF Modules are used in many data transferring devices such as wifi, Bluetooth and much more. Different RF wireless Modules carry various frequencies such as radio bands carrying a frequency of 2400 MHz. RF wireless Modules in USA were initially used to replace the use of infra-red designs.
Types of RF modules available are-
- Transmitter Modules: A transmitter module is a small device used in transmitting radio waves and also modulating the wave to carry data. These devices are usually implemented alongside a micro controller, which provides data to the module to be transmitted.
- Receiver Modules: RF Receiver Modules is used for receiving the modulated RF signal and demodulating it. There are two types of receiver module, namely superheterodyne receivers designed using a series of amplifiers to extract data from a carrier wave and super-regenerative receivers in which operation varies according to change in temperature and power supply voltage.
- Transceiver Modules: These devices are a mix of both transmitter and receiver. Such devices are designed in either Half-duplex operation or Full duplex modules which are expensive due to its added complexity.
- System on a chip (SoC) Module: it is very similar to a transceiver module, but is created with an on-board micro controller. This controller handles radio data packetisation or managing a protocol.
RF Modules are commonly used in products for consumers for example industrial remote controls, smart sensor applications, wireless alarm systems, industrial remote controls and other medium and low volume products. RF module consists of various types of sizes and shapes of small electronic circuit board assembly which generally include a Printed Circuit Board.
Ethernet is a family of computer networking technologies used to connect electronic devices to Local Area Network (LAN) or Metropolitan Area Networks (MAN). Systems communicating over this device, divide data in shorter piece, which contain a destination address. Data transmitted through Ethernet also includes error-check so that damage of data can be detected and re-transmitted. Ethernet was found in 1973 by Xerox PARC which was termed as completely passive medium for the propagation of electromagnetic waves. Since then the technology of Ethernet has evolved to meet new bandwidth and interconnect appliances and other personal devices.
Certain devices that are used to provide Ethernet connection are-
- Outdoor Wireless Ethernet Radio: Commonly known as the Wifi, this robust device is used to helps one or more electronic device to connect with the Local Area Network (LAN). Many devices can simultaneously use Outdoor Wireless Ethernet Radio such as personal computers, smart phones etc. an access point can be made from a distance of 20 meters. AW2400xTR 2.4 GHz Outdoor Wireless Ethernet Radio is the widely used by different entities.
- Routers: Routers are whole setups of several devices, which incorporate a digital subscriber line modem or a cable modem and a Wi-Fi access point. Such set ups are often seen in homes and offices, which provide internet connections to all the devices, connected to them. all sizes of routers are easily available nowadays. Such devices are usually connected to provide a Wide Area Network (WAN).
- Optical fiber Cables: Optical Fiber Cables are created with one or more translucent fibers, which are coated, in a protective jacket. These cables are popularly used to provide Ethernet services in a far off distance. Optical Cables are used for their durability and long lasting properties.
Ethernet has developed over time to meet requirements of higher bandwidth, improved media access control and different physical media. Coaxial Cables used in Ethernet devices earlier was replaced by with point-to-point links and optical fiber cables.
Communication is an integral part of the daily life. It plays an equally important role in industries for the transfer of information between machinery and monitoring devices. Different modes of communication are employed in industrial environments. Majority of these communication modes come with cabling, which has many disadvantages like reduced flexibility of the machines, high installation and maintenance costs. To overcome the short comings of cabling, Wireless Ethernet technology was developed. Ethernet technology is known for its reliability, speed and accuracy. Indoor Wireless Ethernet Radio is the latest addition to the Ethernet family and allows point-to-multipoint communication.
What are Indoor Wireless Ethernet Radio?
These Ethernet Radios allow building non-line-sight wireless connections that that connects devices like remote printers, VoIP phones, IP access control readers and other industrial devices. Ideal replacements for typical data transfer equipment, these radios come with many enhanced features. They are capable of withstanding high temperature and can easily penetrate through 10 building walls. The unique configuration of the Ethernet Radio allows up to 12 access points with 16 active clients per access point. Each individual access point of the Indoor Wireless Ethernet Radio has its own non-overlapping channel with a maximum capacity of 192 subscriber units.
AW900iTR 900 MHz Indoor Wireless Ethernet Radio
The AW900iTR 900 MHz Indoor Wireless Ethernet Radio is the fine combination of technology and quality. Being completely IP addressable, this radio has a built-in spectrum analyzer, web browser based remote configuration and diagnostic tools. Designed for optimum performance in hazardous environments, the radio comes with a tough aluminum casing. AW900iTR 900 MHz Indoor Wireless Ethernet Radio features a LCD panel on the front and DIN Rail mounting clip for easy installation in different industrial environments.
Indoor Wireless Ethernet Radios have ushered in a new era in the field of wireless Ethernet communication and data transfer.
A bridge in internet networks helps in connecting different networks. A Wireless Ethernet Bridge is used for connecting multiple devices that are on a Wired Ethernet network to a wireless network. The Wireless Ethernet Extenders or the Bridges are used as a connection point to any Wireless Local Area Network (LAN). A wireless local area network can be accessed by multiple devices without any wires or cables in areas that falls under its range. Nowadays they are used widely at residences, schools, offices, and even in some public places.
What is Wireless Bridging?
Wireless Bridging is a concept that is basically used for connecting two different local area networks wirelessly. Wireless Bridges can be used to connect different devices in two different places in proximity without any Ethernet cables. Wireless Bridging through Ethernet cables helps to connect devices such as printers, scanners, etc to different computers in a network wirelessly. The printers or scanners will receive the internet connection through the Ethernet cables and the computers from which the print or scan has to be done can do it wirelessly through a wireless network.
What is a Wireless Ethernet Bridge?
It is a technology that permits the connection between multiple wired Local Area Networks. It uses a device to exchange information between two computers in a network. It is most useful in places where laying wires is not possible and it is also an advanced technology that removes problems caused due to wire hassles or in short makes the place less messy and complicated. Wireless Ethernet Bridges actually help in connecting to different Ethernet routers wirelessly even if they use two different internet protocols.
This advanced innovation in the world of internet has helped in setting up offices or work environment without the need of many wires that makes the work environment messy. It has also helped in creating networks between offices to exchange information without passing any Ethernet cables through the walls.
Digital signage is a development of traditional signage and nowadays it is available in wireless form as well. Digital signs use LCD, LED and projectors to display digital images, videos, and information. They are mostly found in public places such as airports, bus stops, museums, stadiums, stores, hotels, restaurants, and corporate buildings. Digital signage use content management systems and digital media distribution systems that can be run from personal computers and servers on to the screen. Digital Signage content can be updated frequently and easily, which is why they are gaining popularity as a substitute to static signage.
Uses of Digital Signage
Wireless Digital Signage is used for different purposes. Some of the common applications of Digital Signage are as follows:
- It is used for providing information on weather, traffic, or latest news, etc to the public.
- Digital Signage is mostly used in way-finding, place-making, exhibitions, public installations, marketing and outdoor advertising.
- It is used for forwarding corporate messages, such as health and safety items, news, etc.
- Recently many restaurants, eateries and food joints put them up to broadcast the price, photos, ingredients, information about the food being offered with the nutritional facts.
- It has been used widely for general advertising and brand building. Nowadays in store digital signage are used for promoting brands and building brand identities.
Network Infrastructure of Digital Signage
- An audio-video wiring is used as a connection between the display, media player and content server of a digital signage. VGA, DVI, HDMI or Component video are used as a connection from the media player to the display.
- These signals are also transmitted through Cat 5 cables using a transmitter and receiver baluns. This allows for greater distances between the display and the player with simplified wiring.
- A wired Ethernet connection is usually used between the media player and the content server but nowadays digital signage also uses wireless networking.
- The way of updating the content on the screens is also affected by the network. Digital signage networks can either be closed or open to the web. Open networks with Internet access can be updated remotely and hence data can be fed from other internet sources.
Small digital signage networks can form larger networks that could cover a wider geographic area. It is a business wherein specific time slots on the displays are sold off to advertisers. Nowadays many companies provide wireless bridges that can be easily installed to any digital signage. Wireless digital signage is a new concept and is gaining recognition because they are hassle free as they do not have wires in them.